domenica 6 febbraio 2011

A change is gonna come

In theese days a part of Berlin was on fire. One of the oldest and biggest squatter house of the city was closed on the 2th February, and in the same days, of course, started the fight on the street. For two days all the neighbourhood  has been under siege, windows of shops and banks were cleaved, the streets and the stations were full of police.

I'm sad...I mean, I'm definitely not an activist, I have never been a part of a squatter house and I don't know exactly what's meaning that kind of life, but I know that I'm  complete agree with the principle that been under: every human being has the right of housing!

One of the most important reason because I love Berlin is 'cause in this city you still can breath a feeling of freedom, and is not easy feel something like this in this period. After many many years of division and fight now the people here need to feel free and are very open to the different cultures, different people and languages...the first time that you are here you can start immediately to hear this feeling. And the squatter house of Liebigstr was a symbol of this feeling, an house for all the people that don't have the possibility to do something, that are alone in the city and need a place to stay.

Every year in Berlin the police evacuate squatter house and local...you know, last summer Bar 25 was closed, only a famous example...

I'm not agree with the fight of these days, because the people that fighted has created damage also to a part of the city and citizens that don't enter for nothing with these kind of problems...but shit, of course they have the right to try to resist!!

Berlin is a pearl and also the rich men restart to recognize this...


 



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento